ESTHETICIAN – SKIN CARE TECHNICIAN
25 Weeks / 780 Hours / Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Student kit: $983
Skin Care Technician Kit includes all necessary professional quality implements, professional quality products and procedures manual.
Skin Care Technicians look after their client’s skin from head to toe! You could be ready for an exciting position as a spa professional in as little as 25 weeks!
This program will provide the future esthetician with a full variety of skin and body care treatments that allow the most diverse spa menu of services. If you can’t see yourself tied to a desk all day, the diversity of a career as a professional Skin Care Technician might be your calling!
This full time program covers everything spa (except artificial nails). This is where you will concentrate on the health and beautification of the face, skin, body, hands and feet. With so many treatments covered in this comprehensive course, you are bound to find your favorite!
This program is a jam packed 25 weeks to get you on your way to an exciting career in Skin Care Technology in as little time as possible! Being prepared professionally is so important to YOUR success, if it’s a career in skin care you want, this is the course for you!
The Esthetician – Skin Care Technician program comprehensively covers:
- Trade Orientation
- SDS – Infection Control
- Client Services
- Retail and Salon Management
- Health and Safety
- Manicures and Pedicures, Nail Treatments and Advanced Foot Care
- Nail Growth, Nail Diseases and Disorders
- Diabetic and Geriatric Foot Care
- Cosmetic Nail Corrections (Including gel toes, ingrown nail braces and toenail reconstruction)
- Hair Removal (Facial and Body)
- Lash and Brow Tinting
- Artificial Lashes
- Skin Physiology and Facial Massage
- Basic Skin Care and Facials
- Specialized Skin Care
- Body Services
- Makeup Artistry
- Decorative Nail Art
- Light Cured Polishes
- Supervised practical training with real customers, in spa environment
- Practical and written exams
Our professional program is designed to provide students with the skills to become successful estheticians in the spa industry. Our targeted modular training system offers students the ability to fully develop each skill before moving on to the next. This design offers the necessary balance between classroom time and supervised, hands-on experience. Our low student-to-instructor ratio (4-6 maximum) allows each student significant one-on-one training and assistance throughout their entire training program.
Spa Academy employees share a true passion for the prosperity of our students, and a devotion to the development of the spa and esthetics industry. Students of Spa Academy will be trained in the necessary business and customer service skills to ensure that our graduates have all the appropriate skills to succeed within the industry. Our education team takes pride in raising the bar for education, cleanliness, and customer service. This is reflected in an employment rate greater than 95% for our graduates.
These courses are eligible for RESPs and Student Financial Assistance/Government Student Loans. Ask our staff for more information. Students who successfully satisfy all requirements will receive an applied certification in the provincial trade.
This program has been approved by the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission and
qualifies as technical training towards Journeyperson Certification.
Scheduled Start Dates
- May 4th, 2020
- August 10th, 2020
- November 16th, 2020
If you have questions please contact us!
Here at Spa Academy, we don’t believe good grades, a glowing reference letter, or being good friends with a Spa Academy graduate make you a good esthetician. That’s not to say these things can’t help make you a great esthetician, but we believe more in creativity, enthusiasm, dedication, a love for the industry, and a passion for doing great work and making people happy.
Great and successful estheticians aren’t born, they are made, through professional and high-quality training combined with support from professionals and instructors who are just as passionate as our students. Our goal is to see you succeed, not just get you through the program and ship you out. We want our students to understand the industry and what it means to be an esthetician, and we want them to succeed in their careers, which is why our three major requirements are as follows:
- A high-school transcript demonstrating successful completion of Grade 10 Math and Grade 10 Science.
- This is required by the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission to become a Journey-person Esthetician.
- A short essay demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the industry and what it means to be an esthetician, as well as your goals for your career and future.
- An interview, scheduled after we receive your application, that will familiarize you with what we expect from you as a student of Spa Academy, and help familiarize us with what you expect from your time in our program.
That’s it. We need a bit more information as part of the application process, but we choose our applicants based on how well they meet the above 3 criteria, so apply now and show us what you’ve got!