What this course covers
This entry level course teaches the student to accurately analyze skin, provide customized facial treatments, and give proper home-care advice. Beyond just the facial, this class thoroughly covers skin structure, tissue biology, skin types, skin conditions, facial treatment procedures, and massage techniques. Students will learn the art of skin analysis and how to recommend and create a home-care package for each individual client. Each student will have access to our professional facial equipment (steamers and hot towel cabinets). The highest level of sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization is also emphasized.
This program consists of 2 days of training spread over approx.4-6 weeks, with a certification exam (day 3) at the conclusion of the training period. Students will be supported by a digital classroom full of study tools, and demonstration videos to complete all necessary components and prepared for their written and practical exams and the end of the program. Certification will be granted to all students that successfully pass all assignments and exams.
Skin Types & Conditions
Two Consecutive Days on site Training: approx. 14 hours
Theory training in
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Infection Control: Sanitation, Disinfection, Sterilization
- Anatomy/Histology of the skin
- Skin Types and Conditions
- Health & Safety
- Contraindications of Facial Treatments
- Skin Care Products, Supplies and Equipment
- Station Set up
- Client Consultation
- Intro to Skincare & Cleansing Facials: Demonstrations of skills
- Intro to facial massage: practice head
- Full procedure on live model-1pm (student to supply model)
- Assignments given and explained
- No Extreme Acne on training/exam days.
- No Extreme sensitive skin or allergies
- No contraindications that would prevent facial treatment
- No contact lenses in during the facial treatment (model).
- If you or your model have any questions or concerns, please contact Spa academy staff and we would be happy to assist you.
CLASS DATES & PRICING:
Tuition: $1,395.00 (Includes 60 day access to digital classroom to further support your learning while away from the academy)
Kit: $50 (Includes manual, and full access to equipment, linens, and all working products for onsite training and exams)
TOTAL: $1450.50 (Includes Taxes) – $500 Deposit
*****JUMP START BONUS…..Early access to digital course materials will be granted to students that pay the full tuition at least 30 days prior to class start date. Please note: they are NO REFUNDS once student has entered the digital classroom.
2022 Class Dates
Training Days Projected Exam Day
- May 7 & 8 June 5- CLASS FULL
- Aug 10 & 11 Sept 27th- Limited Spots Available